The undeniable advantages of bespoke software solutions are attracting more and more companies. The system is designed and developed to meet all of your specific requirements and thus to help your business to succeed. However, many people still believe custom software are dedicated to unique industries only. As bespoke software development specialists, we want to show you that every business can benefit from it.
As opposed to tailor-made solutions, there are off-the-shelf products. Such software are developed for the mass market to meet the needs of as many companies as possible. Unfortunately, the most popular functionalities are not always enough, this is why it is sometimes better not to go with the flow. I have explained the differences between off-the-shelf and bespoke software solutions here.
How bespoke software help you on a daily basis
In the part one, I have discussed the advantages of tailor-made solutions which enable your company to grow in the long term. With proper features, you and your employees can learn to manage your time better and save money, which helps your business to remain competitive and prosper. Now, I would like to explain how bespoke software solutions can help you to become more productive and thus improve the general workflow of your organisation.
The hardest part of running a business is actually owning it. When you are not feeling stable, things may very easily get out of control. Luckily, a bespoke software can help in gaining it back because of:
- Time – keeping things in order is essential when it comes to working effectively. Spending hours on a task equals wasting not only time, but also money. A custom solution can help you to become more productive by displaying all the accomplished and upcoming tasks in one place.
- Leadership – you are not the only person who can waste both the time and money of your company. Behind you, there is an entire team of employees who may feel the same. A tailor-made system allows you to control and influence their effectiveness. Collecting the data, you are able to provide them with meaningful feedback.
- Managing branches – again, your department may not be the only one in your company. Managing several sectors without a proper software seems impossible, while using a bespoke solution can help you to regain the necessary workflow.
How HeadChannel helped
Manufacturers may find it hard to monitor all of their stocks. However, any inaccuracy on any level of production may make it impossible to deliver the product. That is why we designed and developed a multi-user order processing system which allows a manufacturer to monitor the stocks and thus improve the workflow of the company. They can generate and store invoices from all of the purchases. The platform is also equipped with a business intelligence tool, which displays all of the data.
With off-the-shelf systems, you are almost literally left on your own when it comes to dealing with a problem or a bug. That is why maintenance is the biggest advantage of bespoke software solutions. The developers help you with:
- Stability – your individually crafted software is never done. After it is released and ready to use, the development team is monitoring the solution, ready to fix any bug you report. That way you can be sure that ceaseless and equally efficient workflow can be achieved.
- Security – because your software is one of a kind, it is very difficult to hack it. Not only that, it also seems to be pointless. Hacking a single system requires hours of hard work, that is why hackers usually target solutions produced for the mass market. Using a bespoke software can thus protect your data.
- Flexibility – tailor-made software is developed to meet all of your requirements. The developers make sure you understand the solution and feel comfortable with it. If you discover it lacks some features or you find them hard to use, the development team is ready to fix it for you.
When your business evolves, it is often necessary to buy a new commercial software which would adjust to your growing expectations. Bespoke software, on the contrary, evolves along with your business. You can benefit from its scalability due to:
- Speed – when buying a new feature to your existing off-the-shelf system or enabling access for one more employee, there is a risk the software will slow down dramatically. In the case of bespoke software, you are free to grow. The solution is ready to handle multiple users and various functionalities, so that you do not have to worry about its seamless work.
- Direction shift – it is not only your company that evolves, the market itself is constantly changing. If your responsibilities or interests change even slightly, there is no need to change the software as well. Bespoke software development companies are ready to upgrade or adjust the features to what you actually need.
- Integration – very often companies are forced to use several commercial software solutions on a daily basis as there is no single package that would answer all of their needs. The development team can easily integrate them into one, which would definitely improve your workflow. What’s more, a bespoke software is then ready to be integrated with another system as well.
How HeadChannel helped
Old and experienced companies often do not follow the newest technologies and rely on their software which they have built many years ago. Not only are they used to their solution, they are also afraid of a new one. However, when a company connecting sales professionals asked us for a renovation of their old platform, we were able to add many features and enable a lot of new employees to access the solution thanks to its scalability. Their customers can now pay for and renew their licence directly from the platform and access it from their mobile phones as well.
There is still a vast number of companies who work manually when they could easily automate over a half of their processes and tasks. Nowadays, automating should not be seen as a choice, but as an opportunity which helps your company to remain competitive. By supporting these processes, a bespoke software can have a great impact on:
- Time – there is no doubt that writing everything down and then typing it into a computer takes ages, not to mention checking for errors and misspelling. A proper feature can save you and your employees hours of exhausting work.
- Reach – one of the many advantages of automation is enabling its users to go beyond their limits. Not only does it save your time, it also allows you to expand your database, reach many more potential customers and thus increase your sales, especially when it comes to marketing.
- Quality – time is indeed money, but what matters most is the quality of your work. Automating some of the processes may help you to avoid all of the errors and ambiguities you would meet when working manually.
How HeadChannel helped
One of our customers needed a staff recruitment platform for both companies looking for temporary employees and people seeking a flexible job. Everyone can access the solution from their own personalised profiles. Automating most of the tasks allows job seekers to better manage their calendars and recruiters – to easily find best fitting candidates. That way both sides can find more valuable offers.
TO SUM UP
As you can see, many of these advantages overlap each other as they are clearly inseparable. Saving time allows you to save money, saving money allows you to grow, etc. Investing in a bespoke software solution is not only investing in your future, but also in the quality of your work. Improving your workflow and boosting your productivity can actually make you love what you do.
If you would like to talk about how HeadChannel Ltd. can help you improve the workflow of your company, give us a call on +44 (0)20 7099 6399. We have developed countless custom applications and every one of them has made a huge difference for the company.