There are several factors which contribute to the success of a company. Regardless of the industry, every business needs key aspects such as unique ideas, efficient operations management and experienced employees in order to achieve their goals. Nowadays, there seems to be another key factor for a successful organisation, which is automation. Automating multiple business processes which were performed manually allows companies to save hours of work by integrating core functions of their business and to thus achieve more accurate results.
The greatest way to introduce automation to your business is by implementing an enterprise software solution tailored exactly to your requirements. This type of solution enables you and your employees to focus on challenging tasks which drive your company forward. If you wonder which type of enterprise software is for you, keep reading.
What is Enterprise Application Software (EAS)
Enterprise Application Software (EAS) is a unique type of software solution dedicated to businesses only. Allowing a company to easily share insightful information between multiple departments and store large amounts of complex data, enterprise software is a great solution for businesses who seek to improve efficiency and reduce operational costs.
Depending on the type of business, there are several kinds of enterprise software available on the market, which differ in size and offer various features. However, there is no need to invest in more tools than you actually need. When having bespoke software designed and developed, you receive a product tailored exactly to your requirements. Which type of enterprise software solution could be beneficial for your company?
Benefits of enterprise software
Implementing enterprise software enables multiple departments to function as one unit. Once your company starts using this solution, you will notice the following:
- Saved time – with technology on board, you no longer have to spend hours on typing all the necessary data up. A software solution can be integrated with multiple internal systems from which it automatically generates insightful information, allowing you to complete a task with a single click and focus on more challenging tasks.
- Reduced costs – automating administrative work is a great way to reduce operating costs, but enterprise software allows you to regain control of your expenses as well. With accurate insight into all of your invoices, whether you run a manufacturing firm or an estate agency, you can quickly spot any accounting errors.
- Improved communication – an instant access to all business data, which is updated automatically, allows employees to improve their collaboration within their teams and departments. As well as this, centralised communication enables employees to work from anywhere at any time.
- Eliminated paperwork – creating and storing all of the business documents is not only troublesome but also highly time and cost consuming. Luckily, enterprise software allows its users to automatically generate multiple documents and store them online in the cloud. This way, no document is missing or doubled.
- Increased efficiency – information visibility and transparency within an organisation make decision-making processes more accurate and thus drives sales. Additionally, employees can easily track their overall performance to spot any inefficiencies and discover new opportunities.
Types of enterprise software
Depending on the goal your company wants to achieve, you can choose from multiple enterprise software solutions, which all offer automation and great support to your team, but do so with different tools. The most popular enterprise software solutions are:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
This technology solution enables you to better manage all of your external relationships and interactions with both existing and potential customers. The purpose is to improve sales by improving customer experience.
You can store all customer information in one central location in order to gain a clear view of your clients and be able to identify sales opportunity. The visibility allows every team member to check the entire history of a given customer and analyse it in order to improve future interactions.
- Content Management System (CMS)
Before driving sales, you first have to attract potential customers online and gain an audience. A content management system solution allows you to do it easily and painlessly, even if you are a non-technical person. The aim of using such solution is to quickly manage content on your website.
There is no need for you to know anything about programming and you still can create and publish amazing content online. It allows you to drive search traffic and gain better visibility. As well as this, you can save hours of work by using templates and thus improving the design of your website.
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Without measuring their performance, manufacturing companies might be wasting great amounts of money on raw materials they will never use. The software enables you to thoroughly plan and manage every phase of producing and manufacturing their product to meet the needs of their customers.
Introducing all business data into one system and following all of the sourcing, production and shipping processes online allow you to gain better visibility of your company. You are able to save money on supplying and managing multiple warehouses and provide your customers with a product of a much better quality in a much shorter period of time.
Buying online may seem simple and comfortable, but there is a wide range of complex processes which make it possible. Ecommerce software solution makes running an online store easy by automating and analysing multiple processes, including managing products, customer service and accounting.
The solution allows you to run your store from one place, enabling you to integrate with multiple internal systems such as social media. Every action you take, including publishing offers, shipping a product and calculating taxes, is archived, which allows you to analyse and improve your overall performance and to meet the requirements of your customers better.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Regardless of the industry, the communication between multiple departments is often the key to success. An Enterprise Resource Planning improves the collaboration by integrating various systems from different departments including marketing, human resources and warehouse into one solution.
By improving the visibility of data, you improve the overall performance of your company. When all departments stay updated, you are able to provide better customer service and make better business decisions in a shorter period of time.
TO SUM UP
Using an enterprise software solution can transform the way you work. Automating multiple processes enables your company to save hours of work and increase the productivity at the same time. If you know what your goal is, you will be able to find a perfect software solution for your organisation.